- Papad – 6 fried and crushed
- Garam Masala powder – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Onions – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Green chillies – 1 to 2 finely chopped
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Whole Wheat flour (Atta) – 2 Cups
- Oil for cooking
- Whole Wheat flour (Atta) for rolling
For the dough
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the center and bring the edges together at the center to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6″ diameter, using little whole-wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each parantha, using less oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make 4 more paranthas. Serve hot.